Wednesday 1 August 2012

The effects of negative energy

Yesterday started out to be a seemingly normal  day for me. Until it hit the afternoon, and I got a reality check of how amazing my normal morning really was. I sat with my husband on the couch last night feeling quite drained and a little disappointed in myself, but couldn't entirely put my finger on what was going on... Until he pointed it out for me. The effects of negative energy.  

In contrast to my morning of seeing my bright eyed husband bounce out the door with a smile on his face and having an early lunch with a friend I adore, my afternoon was a stretch of encounters with negative and unlikely people (besides a few new introductions along the way which were my savior through the afternoon). It was then I realized what a great job I have done with catering my eco-system to its desired state. It is extremely difficult to cut toxic people out of your life, I know, but I am so pleased to say that I have conquered it and now have the most amazing surroundings and support of positive, passionate, driven and ambitious people. It was a reality check, that wasn't fun, but am glad to have encountered it. 

Throughout the day, I interacted with 5 stuck in the mud, negative and unhappy people. I also had interacted with a larger number of wonderful people within my eco-system whom I cherish. But, those 5 people threw out my flow. Those 5 people affected my energy. Those 5 people are lucky to have had the chance yesterday, but will not have the chance again. How many toxic people does it take to take on the toxin? For me, I felt it with 5. Who many toxic people are influencing your life and happiness?

In life, and building relationships, the very first and foremost thing you must remember and posses in respect! Have respect for others, and have respect for yourself. But... It must be earned before demanded both ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment