Thursday 12 January 2012

The danger of judgement and assumption

One can only be judged by ones self and God. It is an unfavourable character trait to walk through life passing judgment, in all respects. Your judgment reveals nothing about the person in question, but reveals a great deal about you.

The same rules apply when it comes to dating and meeting new people. The most effective way to learn about someone new is to greet, listen and converse with limited judgment or assumption, to the best of your ability. As human being we are programmed to make judgment as it serves as a defense mechanism in order to protect ourselves from bad choices. Being alert and aware will never go astray, but some fine tuning with the way in which we rely so heavily on judgments can be life changing.

Judgment must not be confused with intuition or preference. It does not go without saying that the gut feelings are generally right. The same goes with similarities. If you meet a person who closely reminds you of someone you already know, this can be a make or break issue. If negative or hurtful thoughts are associated with this person, it can be very hard to overcome and you need to be serious and honest with yourself whether or not the feelings can be overruled. As much as this is a form of judgment and the new person you meet has no power or control over this, it is important to be fair to both you and them if you cannot look past the reminder of a person, emotion or thought pattern.

It takes a great deal of character to judge a person by their future, rather than their past.


Love me or hate me, I am still amazing! So adore me or ignore me.

4 comments:

  1. I like what you had to say and I agree. We are all evolving humans. We grow and learn. I don't like to judge because we just don't know what someone has been through in this life. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      That is exactly true - We do not know everyones situation and everyone has a different story. It is amazing when you are able to open your eyes and heart to learn their story. This has taught me many of lifes lessons.

      Delete
  2. I remember going to a nightclub in Melbourne once and this guy walks up to me and points his drunk finger at me at says you remind me of " such and such " just because I look like her he treated me like a piece of dirt, we ended up getting into a huge fight .It was horrible just because he had a bad experience with this girl he decided to take his anger out on me. He ended up doing a sprint into a cab down Fitzroy street before that acting like Amy Winehouse ( may her soul rest ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh YES! This has also happened to me and I have seen happen to many! I wish I could help those guys, If they can learn to let that go - they can live much happier within themselves and not discount people unwarranted.
      Next time you are in Melbourne.. I need to take you to the hot spots where the men will suprise you and treat you like a lady and most importantly.. a person =)

      Delete