Wednesday 22 February 2012

When life kicks you down... There is nowhere else to go; but up!

Today was a bad day. I had a mini-meltdown. When you are chasing your dreams and are at the beginning stages of setting up something amazing to live by, having bad days where you lose motivation feels inevitable. Today I lost motivation. Today I lost sight of where I was going and my imagination failed me to remember where I wanted to go. I lay dormant on a couch in my office for almost an hour contemplating whether or not this is just too hard, or if I had the mental strength to see it through. I knew I could do it, but the positives were to much to bare and I became a slave for negative intoxication. However, negativity has an enemy... A fierce, ruthless and sometimes frustratingly successful opposition... His name is Emir (also known as my husband).

I came face to face with the reality of my meltdown, and it wasn't fun. I realized and acknowledged a flaw; this flaw was that I can too easily run away from problems, and have formed a quite effective art of ignoring them til the go away. Out of sight, out of mind, then thrown in the fireplace to burn away. I learnt today pretty harshly that it is not only unacceptable, but is detrimental to my health, happiness and my life. I realized the true importance of honesty in a relationship in a time like this. I am greatfull for the love my husband has for me, and I in him, as we worked through this together. He told me everything I didn't want to hear, he told me everything I knew that was right but wanted to just hide away from, even just for a day. One day... one day is nothing! Can't I just have one day to be miserable? The answer is no. When you have someone in your life who values each second of his life, and has shown how much you can do in only one day, it is hard to justify even an hour spent walking backwards.


Love, support, honesty, faith and respect was today my savior. Qualities and values I hope and pray every person can cherish in their life. It was an amazing re-awaking as to why I do what I do, and how important my role can be!

The world is a beautiful place, but unfortunately it is not a perfect place.

There is not a person on earth who is unfamiliar with the undesired feeling of when the world gets on top of you, and it is not something anyone enjoys. It is how you deal with these situations, these bumps in the road, that the focus should be held upon. To simply tell someone not to dwell on life's problems can often be a helping shovel whilst they are digging themselves a whole in the ground to lay. It is a personal journey, where the cruel to be kind words of honesty must be nurtured with the support necessary.

There are many witty and wonderful affirmations at our disposal, and they all make perfect sense when our mind is clear. Why is it that we deter away from logic and common sense when, often things out of our control, get us down? Why is the easy street to be miserable so desirable in a struggled state?

Love is a beautiful thing, but as with most things, it is seldom perfect.

It is said that love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness, and that happiness is the art of never holding in your mind the memory of any unpleasant thing that has passed. We seek love, we want love, but often may it be that we expect love more than we cherish it. We are reminded of what we take for granted when we see others who don't have and strongly desire what we have. We are reminded of what we take for granted when we see the unfortunate, or we are stripped of something we deeply love.

The one thing I have undoubtably learnt today was that I must face my fears. I realized that the big picture should always take front seat. Things could always be worse! The barriers we face in life make the success so much sweeter and valued. When we reach our goals, we will thank those hurdles for making us truly appreciate our achievements. They are not there to knock us down and out, they are there to try, and the are there to try for our benefit. There will always be someone who doesn't believe in you and doesn't wish you luck, as long as that person is never you, you will reach your destiny only to smile and then truly realize the power of self- love and belief. It is what holds you back if you allow it, and it is what also what makes your dreams come true... If you allow it!


Samantha K

2 comments:

  1. Hi Samantha.

    Great post and I hope a lot of people take the time to read it.

    After my 30 year marriage ended, I had almost 4 years of 'melt downs' caused by self doubt and mis-direction or no direction at all.

    Now days, it's all positive thinking, personal goal setting and achieving, and NO room to sit around feeling sorry for myself.

    Whenever I get the slightest hint that my brain is going to rebel against what I have planned for it for the day, I play with my dog, KAOS, and no matter how long it takes me to get back into the frame of mind I need to be in, both KAOS and I get to spend some quality time together.

    Of course, if I don't reach one of those dreaded 'situations,' I STILL make sure KAOS gets his play time.

    Just as YOU are lucky to have a loving and supportive hubby, I am equally as lucky to have KAOS forever present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Sam. I love this post. As you have your hubby I would like you also to know that I am here for you if you need me - anytime!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete