Thursday 9 February 2012

Friends with benefits

Friends with benefits - is this possible?
No strings attached sex - can it be that simple?

Along with food, air, and water, sex is up there in the top necessities us as human being need in life. We dine with friends, we drink with friends... are we just as easily able to have sex with friends? The answer seems almost as simple, but unlike food, air and water, sex can be unbelievably complicated.

Does the overwhelming desire for sex out rule our judgement with friends? Can you ever go back to being regular friends once the sexual veil has been pierced? It may seem as though your friend would be an ideal mate to satisfy each other’s desires and needs, however the damage it may be doing to the relationship could be irreparable.


This can be an ideal situation for the man, as it is generally is easier for a male to disconnect his emotional feelings and rely solely on the physical. This stereotype is not always foolproof and can be the exact opposite, especially when it comes to having sex with a friend. The simplicity of the relationship, the release of sexual tension, the elimination of rejection, expectation or disappointment of a girlfriend can be intoxicating and addictive. This can be a misguided perception of what a monogamous relationship would be like with this person, and the imagination can run its course in a false direction.



For the first time in history, sex is more dangerous than the cigarette afterward. - Jay Leno

Samantha K

extract from eBook

8 comments:

  1. I know for a fact that someone always get's hurt in situations like these. I find that girls often think if they sleep with guys and maintain a friendship that they "will" fall in love with them one day or she can convince him into a relationship. It's only when she finds out of facebook or through some other form that he's with someone else does her heart sink. I never ever see the guy's getting hurt. I am friends with a lot of male guys and I often see they have their fingers in many "pies" as such. I have seen a string of girls have their hearts broken also when they "pierce through the veil". A fuck buddy also leads to getting your heart broken too - I think there comes a time where the girl starts to feel used and abused. When she reaches over at her phone at 2am and it's "him" - when all she longs for is a text at 6pm with a invite to dinner - not a 2am booty call - but she goes along with it because it's "something".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my punctuation and spelling was so crap - but you get the point lol

      Delete
    2. It happens alllll the time, and I watch it right in front of my eyes and want to help! That's the thing about social media and any form of technology.. it can be dangerous like that, and addictive!
      p.s I totally get the point, don't worry about the formalities! I LOVE you comments xoxoxoxoxox

      Delete
  2. I am hearing what your saying loud and clear Sam :)

    Finding that balance and understanding when going into the 'friends with benefits' agreement is what defines the outcome. You are right generally it is easier for the man to disconnect emotionally it is tough to find a woman who is able to do this and maintain it. If you aren't willing to switch off the emotions and just rely on the sexual desire to be satisfied the friends with benefits is a no go.

    Otherwise you may end up receiving the 2am booty text other than the 6pm catch up text with a friend. Friend with Benefits soon turns to a 'Booty Call' 2 very different genres.

    Congratulations Samantha, your amazing girl <3 Betty ;) xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yan =)
      I know you will always understand what I am saying. You need to sit with me soon and do a post with me together! =) xxxx

      Delete
  3. Yes indeed we do ASAP LOVE RAD YAN xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why answer the 2am call then? If you are missing something in your relationship tell him and don't have sex from a booty call - pretty simple.

    Sophie you say "I am friends with a lot of male guys and I often see they have their fingers in many "pies"". Well that's why those type of guys do it, because women endorse the behavior. Why would you want to be friends with someone like that. Believe me if women didn't befriend/sleep with those sort of men the behaviour would stop overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry if this upsets anyone, but woman, not all, can be the route of all evil, I have had good mates, and (myself who I have a 15 year old son too), when you think everything is going great, the (Woman} Wife or Girlfriend pack up and leave, Stats, say, 80% of woman leave their Husband, not the other way around> I was loyal towards her, she was a model, I have good freinds that are very loyal, they have gone through the same problems... The woman goes through lust, the man, when he says love, 90% of them doo! And stay in love with the same woman, When ya get married, most of the time, this day and age... The woman does not liston to the preachers words, Through sickness and health, through good times and bad...As soon as their are bad times, they pack up, go to their Barrister and take 80% of the house, what ever else you own, plus a fortune each month in child support...I have nothing wrong with child support, as long as its going to the child and not on getting the womans nails and hair done twice a week, and a new pair of shoes once a week and shopping for themselfs. I know as I was paying $3,600 per month. Thanks

    ReplyDelete