Monday 23 January 2012

Does everything change after a wedding?

Once you are married, everything changes. This is the general view on modern marriage. It is not entirely false, but is definitely not accurately true. To put it simply, if you enter into a marriage thinking things will change and expecting things will change... Be sure it will happen. Your life and your marriage is in your hands, and you are responsible. If once married, things unfavourably change; it is because you allowed them to change.

Getting married for the right reasons is first and foremost the most important factor in preventing a big change after a wedding. When a man is at the stage in his life that he feels it is time to get married and he loves his significant other unconditionally, he should also be at the stage in his life where he can share anything with her as they are on a high level of trust and respect. Therefore, having a civilized, grown up and respectful conversation shall squash any potential change, shift or alteration that may begin to arise with their partner.

The view is normally taken from the male perspective that fearfully the woman will let herself go, become more controlling and all of the other characteristics they masked until being able to unleash them once secure. A ring on the finger is not always the be all and end all to the life you previously knew. If a the male opens the door for the woman that he is expecting this and believes it is inevitable to happen, she will quite easily slip into the role expected of her.

The more you invest in a marriage, the more valuable it becomes.


A happy man marries the girl he loves; a happier man loves the girl he
marries.

Samantha K

extract from eBook draft

12 comments:

  1. I so cannot wait to read your book! Totally up my ally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great - thank you! As soon as they are published I am sending them your way for a review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsers! This is fantastic! Written in a very clear, clever and credible way! I'm very impressed babe xx P.s. Love the wedding pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe! That's really sweet of you =) It is really fun and loving feedback!!
      I'm following your blog - I'm new to blogging and loving it!xxx
      p.s. where have you been?!

      Delete
  4. I love that last quote about a happier man loving the woman he marries. Bugger, now I'm depressed about being single haha. PS - beautiful pic xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jade =) Oh don't be depressed! Being single is a great thing - you will definitely appreciate that special man when he comes along. You should join my database and let me introduce you to some amaaaazzzzing guys =) xx
      p.s. your blog is great - makes me feel like I want to spruse mine up!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to read your book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome stuff! can't wait for your book to come out! I don't believe once your are married things change, it depends on the way you look at it. For me i know nothing will change since we already live together its only the formality.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much =)
    That is SO wonderful to hear! I was with my husband for over 7 years before we got married and we were also living together. We saw the wedding as a way to celebrate "us" and an excuse to bring all the people we love together in one place.
    When are you getting married? Please feel free to shoot me any questions if your looking for an honest answer =) xx

    ReplyDelete