Saturday 23 June 2012

Rich, Wealth & Reality.


It has been long since I have written on my blog and for that I am sad. This blog has been such a wonderful outlet and I have definitely missed its presence. The last 3 months for me has been an absolute whirlwind, where I feel as though I have been tested in life to a great extent. In the past three months I have lost both my Pop and Grandad, and in the midst of selling my house became violently ill which resulted in an operation in my stomach. I sit here now on the couch after a stressful day of the Real Estates Open House, wrapped in bandages and feeling like an old lady, reflecting on the past few weeks. Having your own business and hitting such bumps in the road has proven to be more difficult than anticipated, yet definitely character building. It got me thinking about how lucky I am. Yes, it may seem strange to feel lucky at this point in time, but in the midst of difficulty… the ability to see the light is indescribably inspirational.

I am so rich! What does it mean to be rich? No matter how much I am grateful for what I have, I tend to find something that I am still taking for granted. Like my brother-in-law Mirza said to me the other week: “Don’t worry… It’s on me. Let’s have lots of fun and make the most of our time. I will not be taking this money with me when I go.”
When we begin our life we wish to be rich! We wish to be wealthy in money to do anything our hearts desire. When we are in our final stage of life we also wish to be rich. However, we wish to be rich in health, time, family and love.

I am so rich in love. Each day, I think I cannot love my husband Emir any more than I do in that moment… yet, each day continues to enlighten me. He is representing us this weekend in Sydney (to both our dismay) and the feeling of something missing is undeniable! Family and friends become a life source and it is beyond appreciated… I especially love those who elegantly surprise you.

The people who like you share with you the light… but the people who love you keep by your side through the dark.

I am so rich in health. At the moment I am not bouncing off the walls, but appreciate my health more than ever. No matter how much you believe, praise or teach that you do not know something’s true value until it is gone, is never as strong until it is apparent in your life.
I am so rich in life. The gift of life is our greatest gift from God. He gave us the gift of freedom to do with it as we wish. I choose to live life to its fullest.
I do not wish to use this post to preach. I do not wish to use this post to self-indulge. I wish to use this post to recognise the beauty of life and to appreciate each moment.

So… never lie, cheat, steal or drink.
If you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love.If you must cheat, cheat death.If you must steal, steal away from bad company.If you must drink, drink to the moments who take your breath away.


Please, go give your loved ones a kiss. Please, remember happiness is the key to life.
Please, thank God for what you have and do right by him to make the most of his gift to you.

Samantha K

p.s. I am back!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I was actually thinking of you the other day and wondered what had happened to you! I have had such a rough time with my on off relationship I had wondered what you had thought of it.
    I am so sorry to hear about your health. I know what its like trust me. But its always nice to have the one you love holding the torch for the meantime.
    i often find myself down in the dumps about my MS and often feel robbed of my life. I feel it has limited me. That is my biggest hurdle. Hence why I am stuck in such a toxic relationship ( off and on ) .

    I am glad you are back, hope you are on the mend. I look forward to more posts x <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello gorgeous girl!!
      I'm sorry to hear about your relationship and it's troubles. We should catch up on Skype or something and have a chat!
      It is amazing how important your health is, and I am sad to hear that yours has an effect on your relationships.
      I am coming to SA next month and have some pretty cool stuff to share - I will have to keep you posted.
      Thanks so much for your message and I am SO delighted to hear from you.
      :):):):) xoxox <3

      Delete