Monday 19 November 2012

Can you find your perfect relationship on your lunch break?


Southbank Walk. Lunchtime. 
This is like the watering hole for people to walk (or run), eat and perve on their lunch hour! Whether it be stealing a table at one of the hot restaurants right out the front in full view, or the work click that are “stretching their legs” whilst they gossip and check people out. It is great to sit here on the bench and watch.

I wondered… do they ever act upon their attraction? What would happen if two people interacted mid-perve? Would it be sleazy and inappropriate? Would it be too direct and forward? Now, change the scene. What if it happened in a nightclub or a bar? Would that make a difference? Is it that in a nightclub or bar, our intentions appear clearer or almost expected?

I hear people complain all the time about not meeting the right people and the people that they are meeting in the bars and clubs are not suitable relationship material. So, are we to blame for blocking the suitable people, being that the most acceptable place to be approached is in the bars and clubs? Are we preventing our potential relationships?

As I sit, watching and calibrating body language, behavior and the type of energy people are giving out, I do notice a very unintentional, closed and unapproachable feeling. Everyone seems to have something to do and somewhere to go. Being that it is a beautiful day outside, I do get a sense of happiness and delight, which would be perfect for striking up lunchtime chatter. So, it begs the question, what is the real reason why we deter from talking to new people in public? Is the feeling of rejection heightened in the light of day? Is it that we simply don’t realize the opportunity? Is it not the social norm, therefore for not recommended?
Over 10 years ago, I was walking with my two girlfriends in a Geelong City street on our way to Eastern Beach when a young man standing with his friend said hello to me as we were walking by. It was a simple, genuine “Hello”, “How are you?” and maybe 20 seconds of a short conversation. Today, we are married and work together to help people achieve love in their life. 

It is not only possible… it is possibly right in front of you.

Samantha K
xx

1 comment:

  1. So I was searching for dating website for real relationship and I found this globogirls.com and it was really good, it is a good way to see what is out there. There are a lot of different people in different countries, but some good ones too. I had been doing it for about 2 months, when I met someone. We have been dating in person for one month and we traveled together, it is going really well. I don't know if we will ever be in love or spend the rest of our lives together, but I am enjoying being with him while I can. My suggestion to anyone doing online dating is be safe, cautious, and honest. I guess that globogirls.com will help you a lot.

    ReplyDelete